Following presentation to the National Economic Council In July 2017, the Enabling Business Environment Secretariat kicked off its Subnational Project to assist sub-national governments in pushing business climate reforms. The EBES is to collaborate with states to drive reforms at the sub-national level by providing assistance with reform scoping, implementation management, and operational standardization.
PEBEC-EBES is partnering with states and the FCT across several areas of interest identified for reforms at the sub-national level.
The following are compelling imperatives for sub-national reforms at the state level:
- Economic growth and development aspirations
- Quick Tangible Impact for Citizens
- Significant Jobs Creation as MSMEs flourish
- Healthy competition among states and regions
- Eﬀective change management through efficiency; transparency; performance management; and key performance indicators (KPIs).